News in Brief
Acting Director Promoted to Lead Federal Office for Indian Education
U.S. Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings has tapped Cathie Carothers to be the director of the Indian education office within the U.S. Department of Education’s office of elementary and secondary education.
Ms. Carothers, whose appointment took effect Jan. 20, has served as the office’s acting director since October. She has been with the department since 1990.
Her first federal job was teaching students with learning disabilities at a K-8 boarding school in Oklahoma operated by the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
Vol. 27, Issue 21, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Head of School
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA
- Project Manager, First the Seed Foundation Educational Programs
- First the Seed Foundation, VA
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD