Math and Science Ventures to Be Scaled Up
A pair of Texas mathematics and science education programs that have received widespread acclaim are now being promoted on a national scale, with the help of a new nonprofit organization and a major corporate contribution.
The National Math and Science Initiative , a new nonprofit based in Dallas, has begun giving out grants to states to replicate the two programs, with plans to distribute a total of $125 million in the near term.
All that initial financing—an amount larger than the budget for many federal education programs—is being provided by ExxonMobil Corp., the worldwide...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- 9-12 Science Teacher (Emphasis in Physical Science) #345
- Nye County School District, Pahrump, NV
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD