There has been an 8 percent increase in the number of new charter schools nationwide since last year, according to a report by the Bethesda, Md.-based Center for Education Reform.
The report says 347 new charter schools opened for the 2007-08 school year. However, since 1992, 560 charter schools have closed.
There are currently 4,100 charter schools serving 1.2 million students across the country, according to the report.
Vol. 27, Issue 05, Page 5
- Qualified KG or Elementary Classroom Teacher
- The International School Of Choueifat Manama, Bahrain, Manama, Bahrain
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA
- Project Manager, First the Seed Foundation Educational Programs
- First the Seed Foundation, VA
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD