There has been an 8 percent increase in the number of new charter schools nationwide since last year, according to a report by the Bethesda, Md.-based Center for Education Reform.
The report says 347 new charter schools opened for the 2007-08 school year. However, since 1992, 560 charter schools have closed.
There are currently 4,100 charter schools serving 1.2 million students across the country, according to the report.
Vol. 27, Issue 05, Page 5
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD
- Head of School
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA
- Chief Academic Officer
- Cristo Rey Network, Chicago, IL
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD