There has been an 8 percent increase in the number of new charter schools nationwide since last year, according to a report by the Bethesda, Md.-based Center for Education Reform.
The report says 347 new charter schools opened for the 2007-08 school year. However, since 1992, 560 charter schools have closed.
There are currently 4,100 charter schools serving 1.2 million students across the country, according to the report.
Vol. 27, Issue 05, Page 5
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations