There has been an 8 percent increase in the number of new charter schools nationwide since last year, according to a report by the Bethesda, Md.-based Center for Education Reform.
The report says 347 new charter schools opened for the 2007-08 school year. However, since 1992, 560 charter schools have closed.
There are currently 4,100 charter schools serving 1.2 million students across the country, according to the report.
Vol. 27, Issue 05, Page 5
- Executive Director, Charter Schools
- School District of Philadelphia, PA
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Multiple Special Services
- Maine Regional School Union No. 10, Dixfield, ME
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ