There has been an 8 percent increase in the number of new charter schools nationwide since last year, according to a report by the Bethesda, Md.-based Center for Education Reform.
The report says 347 new charter schools opened for the 2007-08 school year. However, since 1992, 560 charter schools have closed.
There are currently 4,100 charter schools serving 1.2 million students across the country, according to the report.
Vol. 27, Issue 05, Page 5
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Maryhaven Center of Hope, Port Jefferson Station, NY
- Superintendent, Somerville Public Schools
- Somerville Public Schools, Somerville, MA
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Director, Post-Secondary Workforce Readiness Program
- Aurora Public Schools, Aurora, CO