Schools Sue Arizona Over Social Studies
Arizona has long offered a welcoming climate not only for retirees, but also for charter schools, with a law deemed to make it easy to start the autonomous public schools.
Now, though, the state education agency is being sued by Arizona charters that say the state is getting too meddlesome.
“There has been a regulatory creep that has begun to infect charter schools,” said Clint Bolick, a prominent school choice lawyer who is representing the plaintiffs. “This started off as a relatively modest incursion that’s grown into a significant...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Superintendent of Schools - SAU 9
- SAU 9 - Conway, NH, Conway, NH
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY