Team Teaching Key to Turnaround
Classroom partnerships on behavior, instruction helped produce gains.
If student data guide the ship at the North East Independent School District here, teachers are the invaluable crew.
In just five years, the district’s percentage of students in special education has plunged, the number of students spending time in restrictive settings has dropped dramatically, and academic performance among special education students has risen.
Administrators say the improvement could not have happened without the professional...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- 9-12 Social Studies/PE & Health Teacher #349
- Nye County School District, Pahrump, NV
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA