Shallow Pockets, Shorter Day
To stay afloat, Ohio district forced to cut instructional time.
Under growing pressure to bring all students to proficiency, many districts are adding more instructional time to their school days or years. But a small district in Ohio is shortening its school day.
It’s not that the Springfield Local School District is cavalier about its students’ academic performance. It trimmed its schedule to...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Superintendent of Schools
- Florence Public School District One, Florence, SC
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Associate Director of Marketing & Business Development
- Generation Ready, New York, NY