News in Brief: A Washington Roundup
Bill on Incentive Fund Offered
Rep. Tom Price, R-Ga., a member of the House Education and Labor Committee, introduced a bill late last month that would formally authorize the Teacher Incentive Fund, which provides grants to school districts to devise performance-based-pay programs. Even without an official authorization, Congress had appropriated $99 million for the fund in fiscal 2006, but only $200,000 for fiscal 2007. The fund has $43 million remaining to distribute this year.
Vol. 26, Issue 32, Page 26
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO