News in Brief: A Washington Roundup
Bill on Incentive Fund Offered
Rep. Tom Price, R-Ga., a member of the House Education and Labor Committee, introduced a bill late last month that would formally authorize the Teacher Incentive Fund, which provides grants to school districts to devise performance-based-pay programs. Even without an official authorization, Congress had appropriated $99 million for the fund in fiscal 2006, but only $200,000 for fiscal 2007. The fund has $43 million remaining to distribute this year.
Vol. 26, Issue 32, Page 26
- K-12 NEA Science Teachers Wanted for NGSS Curriculum Project. Earn $15k!
- BetterLesson, US
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations