Education and Health
The premature mortality rate—death before the age of 65—is 2 1/2 times greater in areas with high-concentrations of residents with low levels of education than in areas with higher education levels, says a study by the Multnomah County Health Department in Oregon.
The study uses data from the 1999 to 2002 U.S. Census reports, and it focuses only on residents of Multnomah County, near Portland, Ore. Incidents of diabetes and alcohol-related deaths also increased in areas with low education levels, according to the study.
Vol. 26, Issue 29, Page 11
- Township High School District 113, Highland Park, IL
- Head of School
- Triangle Associates, Pottersville, NJ
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Schools, Linn-Mar Community School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Marion, IA
- Katonah-Lewisboro School District, Katonah, NY