News in Brief: A Washington Roundup
Ex-Iraq Aide Tapped for Education Post
President Bush last week tapped Williamson Evers to be assistant secretary for planning, evaluation, and policy development at the Department of Education. The position was left vacant when Thomas W. Luce III resigned last summer.
Mr. Evers is a research fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University. From July to December 2003, he served in Iraq with the Department of Defense as a senior adviser for education to Administrator L. Paul Bremer III of the Coalition Provisional Authority.
Vol. 26, Issue 23, Page 24
- Director of Information Technology
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rockville, MD
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD
- Director of College Counseling
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA
- Project Manager, First the Seed Foundation Educational Programs
- First the Seed Foundation, VA
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA