News in Brief: A Washington Roundup
Ex-Iraq Aide Tapped for Education Post
President Bush last week tapped Williamson Evers to be assistant secretary for planning, evaluation, and policy development at the Department of Education. The position was left vacant when Thomas W. Luce III resigned last summer.
Mr. Evers is a research fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University. From July to December 2003, he served in Iraq with the Department of Defense as a senior adviser for education to Administrator L. Paul Bremer III of the Coalition Provisional Authority.
Vol. 26, Issue 23, Page 24
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- High School Director at KIPP Delta Public Schools
- On-Ramps, Blytheville, AR
- Multiple Positions
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY