Special education is one area in which charter schools could benefit from external assistance, a report concludes.
Based on findings from four case studies, the report, published by the University of Maryland’s Project Intersect, found that successful special education programs in charter schools looked for outside support for funding, program development, and teacher training to meet requirements set by the federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and by the states.
Vol. 26, Issue 21, Page 13
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Neuhaus Education Center, Bellaire, TX
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO