Special education is one area in which charter schools could benefit from external assistance, a report concludes.
Based on findings from four case studies, the report, published by the University of Maryland’s Project Intersect, found that successful special education programs in charter schools looked for outside support for funding, program development, and teacher training to meet requirements set by the federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and by the states.
Vol. 26, Issue 21, Page 13
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Teachers Needed - All Academic Subject Areas
- Broward County Public Schools, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Instructional Coach - Math
- Carondelet Leadership Academy, Saint Louis, MO
- Science Content Director
- National Math & Science Initiative, Dallas, TX
- ECE Lead & Assistant Teachers
- Tutor Time Learning Center, Multiple Locations
- Learning Disabilities Special Education Teacher
- Stevens Point Area Public School District, WI