Special education is one area in which charter schools could benefit from external assistance, a report concludes.
Based on findings from four case studies, the report, published by the University of Maryland’s Project Intersect, found that successful special education programs in charter schools looked for outside support for funding, program development, and teacher training to meet requirements set by the federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and by the states.
Vol. 26, Issue 21, Page 13
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Risk Management and Insurance
- Pinellas County Schools, Largo, FL
- DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY
- Austin Preparatory School, Reading, MA
- Senior Director, AP Digital Product Management
- The College Board, New York, NY
- Program Officer
- Ford Foundation, New York, NY
- Superintendent of Schools
- Allentown School District, PA