Bush to Start NCLB Push in Congress
President, Spellings signal delay is not inevitable.
Making college more affordable, raising the minimum wage, and other domestic items were at the top of Democrats’ agenda when they formally took control on Capitol Hill last week.
President Bush, meanwhile, made clear that another item was near the top of his list: reauthorizing the No Child Left Behind Act.
To mark the fifth anniversary of his signing the measure into law on Jan. 8, the president invited leading members of the new 110th Congress to the White House to discuss his goal of revising the law on schedule by the...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Literacy
- Regis University, Denver, CO
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR