Independent Points to Stint as Minneapolis Schools Chief
Peter Hutchinson said he found the best definition of what it is to be a leader in the most unlikely of places: a 4th grade classroom.
That lesson, which would help define his Independence Party run this year for Minnesota’s governorship, came more than a decade ago during his four-year tenure as superintendent of the Minneapolis public schools.
“A leader is someone who goes out and changes things, and makes them better,” a 4th grade girl told Mr. Hutchinson, a story he repeated to about 50 medical students at the University of Minnesota during a campaign...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- K-12 Teachers
- The International Educator, Multiple Locations
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- School Turnaround Facilitator (Stockton, CA) ($83K-$102K/YR
- WestEd, Multiple Locations