Duke’s Wife and Her Job
Cunningham’s spouse spent 16 months at the Education Dept.
Former Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham, R-Calif., may have used his political connections to get his wife a well-paying job at the Department of Education, according to a recent article in The New Republic .
Mr. Cunningham is serving an eight-year prison sentence, after pleading guilty in March to taking $2.4 million in bribes from two defense contractors.
Nancy Cunningham, 54, who has now separated from her husband, came to Washington in 2002, when she was named chief of staff to the assistant secretary for management at the Education Department, according to the story in the neoliberal political journal. It was written by Kitty Kelley, the controversial biographer of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Nancy Reagan,...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Chief Schools Officer - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International Baccalaureate, Bethesda, MD
- Grand Center Arts Academy, St. Louis, MO
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- 9-12 Social Studies/PE & Health Teacher #349
- Nye County School District, Pahrump, NV
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA