Researchers Identify Behavior Problems for Girls With ADHD
Girls with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder may not have the same classroom-disrupting symptoms as their male counterparts, but they often suffer from a variety of social and academic problems that bear close attention, according to one of the few long-term studies devoted to following girls with ADHD.
“What we were surprised about was the breadth of [such girls’] problems in adolescence,” said Stephen P. Hinshaw, the lead researcher and the chairman of the psychology department at the University of California, Berkeley. A report on the study was published in the June issue of the Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology , a publication of...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- School Turnaround Facilitator (Stockton, CA) ($83K-$102K/YR
- WestEd, Multiple Locations
- K-12 Teachers
- The International Educator, Multiple Locations
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL