Fishing Outing Ends in Firing
Baltimore official’s trip prompts investigation.
It started with a disgruntled former employee alleging on local radio that the Baltimore school system had paid for a fishing excursion for 10 district staff members and city officials.
Within a few days, district Chief Executive Officer Bonnie S. Copeland ordered an investigation. By May 31, the schools chief had fired Eric Letsinger, her chief operating officer, who had chartered a boat for $1,600 to treat his staff to an outing on Chesapeake Bay.
Ms. Copeland announced her decision in...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, VA
- Regional Area Partner
- Focus EduVation, US
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Christ the King Preparatory School, NJ
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School, Amargosa Valley, NV