News in Brief: A Washington Roundup
Kansas Official to Lead Special Education Office
Alexa Posny, who is now the deputy commissioner of education in Kansas, will become the new director of the Department of Education’s office of special education programs, effective April 17.
Ms. Posny, who was on the short list to become the state education commissioner when the state board of education selected another candidate in October, oversaw the operations of the learning-services division for the state. In that capacity, she managed departments that supervised school improvement and accreditation, teacher education and licensure, special education, and research.
Ms. Posny, 54, began her career as a special education teacher. She was also the state director of special education for Kansas.
Troy R. Justesen, the acting director of OSEP, will continue in his role as deputy assistant secretary for the office of special education and rehabilitative services, which includes OSEP.
Vol. 25, Issue 29, Page 33
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR