All Seniors in Texas High School Get Mentors
When word spread at a suburban Dallas high school about plans to launch an ambitious mentoring program for this year’s seniors, some teachers believed they knew what to expect.
“Oh my God, more work!” one teacher recalls saying at the time.
But since its creation last fall, both teachers and students at Lancaster Elsie Robertson High School have come to believe in the program, which is designed to encourage students to stay in school, complete the academic work necessary to graduate, and...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
- Senior Curriculum Developer and Trainer
- Institute For Curriculum Services, San Francisco, CA
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA