Teacher Turnover Seen as Costly to Nation
The nationwide cost of replacing teachers who either quit the profession or change schools is nearly $5 billion a year, concludes an analysis of teacher turnover.
The Alliance for Excellent Education, a nonprofit that studies school issues, estimates that the annual cost of replacing teachers varies from $8.5 million annually in North Dakota to as much as $504 million a year in Texas. Roughly 1,000 teachers across the nation leave the profession every schoolday, according to the study, released in an Issue Brief this month. Those estimates exclude retirees.
- Tredyffrin/Easttown School District, Wayne, PA
- American School, Lansing, IL
- Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston, Houston, TX
- Assistant Professor of High Incidence Disabilities (Position #6063)
- Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
- K-12 Teaching Jobs, Available Nationwide
- CS&A, US