News in Brief: A National Roundup
Obituary: Ray Budde
Ray Budde, 82, who was said to have coined the term “charter” in reference to schooling, died of respiratory failure on June 11 in Springfield, Mass.
Mr. Budde was a longtime educator, with experience as a teacher, principal, and education professor. In 1988, he wrote Educating by Charter: Restructuring School Districts. His idea was for a local school board to give a group of teachers a charter that would allow greater control over curriculum and instruction in return for ensuring improvements in student performance.
Vol. 24, Issue 42, Page 4
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Head of School
- Brownell-Talbot School, Omaha, NE
- Darien, CT Superintendent of Schools
- NESDEC, Darien, CT