People in the News
Julie K. Underwood
Julie K. Underwood, a prominent expert on school law at the National School Boards Association, will become the dean of the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s school of education in August.
Ms. Underwood, 50, is the associate executive director and general counsel of the Alexandria, Va.-based NSBA. Before joining the NSBA in 1998, she was the dean of the school of education and applied professions at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. She also served as the associate dean of the University of Wisconsin-Madison education school in 1994-95.
Vol. 24, Issue 39, Page 5
- Senior Education Policy Analyst, North Carolina
- The Hunt Institute, Durham, NC
- Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston, Houston, TX
- Middle School Principal
- Roosevelt Children's Academy Charter School, Roosevelt, NY
- Engineering & Robotics Teacher
- String Theory Schools, Philadelphia, PA
- Deputy Director for Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
- Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA), Wiesbaden, Germany