News in Brief: A Washington Roundup
TV Executive Tapped For Outreach Post
President Bush last week nominated Kevin F. Sullivan, a media-relations executive at the entertainment company NBC Universal, to take on a newly created post at the Department of Education.
Mr. Sullivan, if confirmed, will serve as the department’s assistant secretary for communications and outreach. The position was one of two new assistant secretary jobs the department created as part of a restructuring effort announced earlier this year.
Before serving at NBC, Mr. Sullivan worked for 18 years as the spokesman for the Dallas Mavericks basketball team.
Meanwhile, Mr. Bush intends to designate Deborah A. Price as the department’s acting assistant secretary for legislative and congressional affairs. She is now an official in the office of safe and drug-free schools.
Vol. 24, Issue 34, Page 33
- Kindergarten teacher
- Saint Sophia School, Holladay, UT
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR
- Deputy Chief Academic Supports Officer
- School District of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA