News in Brief: A Washington Roundup
TV Executive Tapped For Outreach Post
President Bush last week nominated Kevin F. Sullivan, a media-relations executive at the entertainment company NBC Universal, to take on a newly created post at the Department of Education.
Mr. Sullivan, if confirmed, will serve as the department’s assistant secretary for communications and outreach. The position was one of two new assistant secretary jobs the department created as part of a restructuring effort announced earlier this year.
Before serving at NBC, Mr. Sullivan worked for 18 years as the spokesman for the Dallas Mavericks basketball team.
Meanwhile, Mr. Bush intends to designate Deborah A. Price as the department’s acting assistant secretary for legislative and congressional affairs. She is now an official in the office of safe and drug-free schools.
Vol. 24, Issue 34, Page 33
- TEACHER RECRUITMENT
- Mott Haven Academy Charter School, Bronx, NY
- Upper School (6th-12th grade) General Studies Principal
- Robert M. Beren Academy, Houston, TX
- SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS - CANTON, MS
- Canton Public School District, Canton, MS
- Superintendent, Clarke County Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Berryville, VA
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE