News in Brief: A Washington Roundup
First Public Meeting on IDEA Rules Is Set
The Department of Education will hold its first public hearing later this month to gather information and opinions about its regulations for the recently reauthorized Individuals with Disabilities Education Act.
The hearing will be Jan. 28 from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. and from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the University of Delaware Conference Center, Room 106, in Newark, Del. The department misstated the location as Newark, N.J., in the Dec. 29 issue of the Federal Register.
The renewed law provides an opportunity to improve regulations on early-intervention services for young children with disabilities, according to the Education Department. The rules will also seek to ensure that every child with a disability has a free, appropriate public education that reflects the standards of the No Child Left Behind Act.
The dates for the other meetings also have been set: Feb. 3 in Columbus, Ohio; Feb. 7 in Boston; Feb. 11 in San Diego; Feb. 15 in Atlanta; Feb. 18 in Laramie, Wyo.; and Feb. 24 in Washington. The locations and times for those meetings will be published in the Federal Register as they become final.
Vol. 24, Issue 19, Page 22
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA