Click It: A Web Roundup
Visual Dictionary Online
Sometimes a picture’s worth a thousand words. Maybe that’s why Merriam Webster has archived thousands of photos into a visual online dictionary. It contains more than 6,000 full-color images and 20,000 corresponding definitions and terms that give context to the pictures. Teachers and students can type phrases into the search bar to find specific images, or browse by subject area for more-general search terms. Students may also enjoy the site’s game page, where they can play a series of matching games between pictures and descriptions.
Vol. 03, Issue 03
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Executive Director of Special Education
- Baltimore City Public Schools, Baltimore, MD
- Certified High School Teacher/Science
- School District of Marshfield, Marshfield, WI
- Classroom Teacher Grade 1
- The International Educator, Italy
- Director II, Program Evaluation
- Fairfax County Public Schools, Fairfax, VA
- Advanced Placement (AP) Content Director for Math & Computer Science
- MIE, Boston, MA