The latest news about schools and issues that affect lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender students and educators, including articles, opinion essays, videos, and special features.
The sweeping 6-3 civil rights ruling has implications for school districts as employers as well as for continuing legal battles over the rights of transgender students. (June 15, 2020)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
A scant majority of 51 percent say students should be able to use the restroom that corresponds to their gender identity in an Education Week national survey of local educators.
Rules for Engagement Blog
• Legal Backgrounder on Title IX and Transgender Students
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Council Rock School District, Newtown, Pennsylvania
- Chief Technology Officer
- Indian Prairie School District 204, Naperville, Illinois
- Superintendent of Schools
- Sheridan County School District 2, Sheridan, Wyoming
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellow
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- K-12 Regional Sales Manager, Lucid for Education (Florida/Georgia or California)
- Lucid Software, Inc., California