Fostering a sense of calm and joy in the classroom must start with the teacher. This special report explores the social-emotional competencies needed for classroom teachers, and how they can then convey those skills to their students. The stories in the report, which include perspective pieces by current teachers, look at new research surrounding teacher stress and burnout, innovative ways to incorporate social-emotional learning into everyday lessons and with different groups of students, and strategies for self-care, mindfulness, and cultural responsiveness, starting in teacher preparation programs.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Middle School Science Teacher
- The International Educator, Ecuador
- K-12 Teacher
- TIE, Hyannis, MA
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Pinellas County Schools, Largo, FL
- TEACHERS NEEDED
- Polk County Schools, MULTIPLE LOCATIONS, FL
- Principal, Highland Springs High School
- Henrico County Public Schools, Henrico, VA