January 10, 2008
A Discussion About the Teaching Profession
Two of the report's contributors took questions on what a human-capital system in education might look like so that states can unlock teaching potential and enhance student learning.
Tapping Into Teaching
The report's editors discussed ideas for strengthening the teaching profession, as well as other findings of this years Quality Counts report.
A selection of coverage on the report from news outlets around the country.
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
|Download a State's Full Report:|
• Data Systems: They’re Not Just About Students Anymore: Aimee R. Guidera
• A Fundamental Redesign for a People-Driven Business: Jason Kamras & Andrew J. Rotherham
• Flexibility and Dynamic Personnel Are Crucial to Meeting High Goals: Susanna Loeb
• From Gaps to Gifts: Justin Minkel
• Non-Negotiable Items for Compensation Reform: Lori Nazareno
• Gauging the Quality of School Leadership: James P. Spillane
• What High-Performing Organizations Can Teach Us: Judy Wurtzel
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Elementary School Principal
- Voices College-Bound Language Academies, San Jose, California
- Case High School - Principal - Racine Unified School District
- Racine Unified School District, Racine, Wisconsin
- Division Director 1
- WestEd, San Francisco, California
- High School Principal - Mercer Island High School
- Mercer Island School District, Mercer Island, Washington State