Spotlight on Teacher Evaluation
View the complete collection of Education Week Spotlights.
The Education Week Spotlight on Teacher Evaluation is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors including:
- Examining value-added measurements of teacher effectiveness
- Assessing teachers with peer review processes
- Evaluating teacher-candidates with pre-licensing exams
- Using student feedback to assess teaching
A great value! You get the nine articles and commentaries below in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights:Teacher Evaluation (2013)
Teacher evaluation is being hotly debated in education policy circles. In this Spotlight, explore the subtleties between teachers deemed highly effective and ineffective, understand how combined measures can provide a more balanced picture of teacher performance, and see why researchers urge caution in using ‘value added’ evaluations.
Teacher Evaluation (2010)
What's the best way to judge a teacher's performance? This Spotlight looks at how organizations and researchers are trying to pin down meaningful ways to evaluate teachers' skills and abilities.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Assistant Superintendent, Innovative Programs
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA, US
- Director of the Gan Preschool at Adas Israel Congregation, Washington, DC, starting 7/1/2019
- The Gan at Adas Israel, 2850 Quebec St, NW, Washington D.C.
- History Teachers SY18-19
- Dearborn STEM Academy, Boston Public Schools , Boston, Massachusetts
- Chief Education Officer
- DECA, Reston, Virginia
- Senior Editor
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts