The American education system has a long list of programs intended to serve students who need something more from teachers than standard instruction. There is special education for students with disabilities, for example, and English-language assistance for students who are new to the United States.
But what about the homeless child who also needs special education services? The student caught in the juvenile justice system? The immigrant child living in fear of deportation?
This report focuses on these and other fragile student populations, their needs, and the challenges educators face in engaging them in learning.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.
- Teachers Needed at Top International Schools in China & Hong Kong! All Grades/Subjects
- Edvectus, China (CN)
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona