How Schools Are Making Assessments Better, More Relevant, and Less Stressful
Change is bubbling in the assessment world. Common standards are reshaping standardized tests. New federal laws are causing states to ramp up tests for English-language learners. Formative assessments are going digital, and students are being encouraged to create their own assessments to show what they’ve learned. This special report provides a snapshot of these developments and others in the changing field of assessment.
Education Week Experts
Video: What Is Formative Assessment?
Tuesday, June 13, 2017 2 p.m. ET
Thursday, June 15, 2017
2 p.m. ET
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Associate Superintendent - Chief Academic Officer
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Elementary Teacher - Academies of Math and Science
- Academies of Math and Science, Phoenix, Arizona
- Executive Director of Special Services
- ANACORTES SCHOOL DISTRICT, Skagit County, Washington State
- Teacher (various openings, grades 5-8)
- Equitas Academy Charter Schools, Los Angeles, California
- Classroom Teacher
- Carondelet Leadership Academy, Saint Louis, Missouri