How Schools Are Making Assessments Better, More Relevant, and Less Stressful
Change is bubbling in the assessment world. Common standards are reshaping standardized tests. New federal laws are causing states to ramp up tests for English-language learners. Formative assessments are going digital, and students are being encouraged to create their own assessments to show what they’ve learned. This special report provides a snapshot of these developments and others in the changing field of assessment.
Education Week Experts
Video: What Is Formative Assessment?
Tuesday, June 13, 2017 2 p.m. ET
Thursday, June 15, 2017
2 p.m. ET
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Principal, Northview High School
- Dothan City Schools, Dothan, Alabama
- Science Curriculum Coordinator (JK-12)
- Cambridge Public Schools, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Music Teacher - Elementary School (.6 FTE)
- San Juan Island School District, Washington State
- High School Principal
- Garfield School District Re-2, Rifle, Colorado
- School Designer
- Abl, San Francisco, California