Reading in the Common-Core Era
The shifts in literacy instruction envisioned by the Common Core State Standards are among the biggest in recent decades. And they're far-reaching: All but four states have adopted the literacy guidelines. But whether the standards are shining a bright new light on reading or casting an ominous shadow over it remains a point of debate.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Nov. 27, 2 p.m. ET: Literacy and the Common Core: Reflecting on the Research
The common-core standards make dramatic changes in what it means to be literate in the digital age. Guests will discuss what the research says about these demands and how teachers can ensure their students meet the new requirements.
Dec. 4, 2 p.m. ET: Common Core State Standards: Literacy and English-Language Learners
As educators begin putting the common core into classroom practice, what instructional strategies will they need to bridge the gap between acquiring language and truly mastering academic content for ELLs? This webinar examines how teachers can develop and support literacy and academic language skills of ELLs in the common-core era.
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Librarian, US/IB curriculum, Dubai. Aug 2019
- Galvin Education, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Teachers Needed at Top International Schools in China & Hong Kong! All Grades/Subjects
- Edvectus, China (CN)
- Territory Manager USA, North America
- Bright Advertising, New York City, New York
- Principal - Middle School
- MARANA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT, Tucson, Arizona