Are Schools Falling Behind?
More than half of educators—51 percent—say updating curriculum to get students ready for the jobs of the future is a top priority, according to a poll by the Education Week Research Center. The challenge is figuring out what schools ought to teach. Is it creativity? Data science? Soft skills? In this special report, Education Week tries to fill in some of those blanks. Read on to find out what companies want from new employees, how teachers are infusing “big data” skills into math lessons, and what schools are doing to expose students to cutting-edge business operations. Are your students ready for tomorrow’s workplace?
REPRINT THIS REPORT
Contact [email protected].
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Elementary School Principal
- Voices College-Bound Language Academies, San Jose, California
- Division Director 1
- WestEd, San Francisco, California
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Principal - Dalewood Middle School 20888- 2020-2021 w/ $15,000 Bonus Potential
- Hamilton County Department of Education, Chattanooga, TN, US
- High School Principal - Mercer Island High School
- Mercer Island School District, Mercer Island, Washington State