This special report, “The Chief Academic Officer’s Evolving Role: Powering Big-Picture Learning Goals,” examines the challenges CAOs are facing in school districts across the country and how they are working to improve academics in the age of common standards and digital teaching and learning. It features findings from an exclusive survey of district leaders.
Download The Digital Edition
• Survey Data: CAOs Wear Many Hats
• Survey Data: The CAO's Chain of Command
• Chief Academic Officers: A Comparison of District Oversight
• Vickie Murillo: Rebuilding Academics in a Struggling District
• John Youngquist: Getting the Right Resources Into Classrooms
• Michelle N. Pierre-Farid: Working to Turn Students Into Scholars
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Chief Communications Officer
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, Georgia
- Assistant Superintendent, Innovative Programs
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA, US
- Special Education
- Marion County Public Schools, Ocala, Florida