This special report, “The Chief Academic Officer’s Evolving Role: Powering Big-Picture Learning Goals,” examines the challenges CAOs are facing in school districts across the country and how they are working to improve academics in the age of common standards and digital teaching and learning. It features findings from an exclusive survey of district leaders.
Download The Digital Edition
• Survey Data: CAOs Wear Many Hats
• Survey Data: The CAO's Chain of Command
• Chief Academic Officers: A Comparison of District Oversight
• Vickie Murillo: Rebuilding Academics in a Struggling District
• John Youngquist: Getting the Right Resources Into Classrooms
• Michelle N. Pierre-Farid: Working to Turn Students Into Scholars
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Elementary School Principal
- Baltimore Curriculum Project, Baltimore, Maryland
- Portland Public Schools - Deputy Superintendent of Business & Operations
- Portland Public Schools, Portland, Oregon
- Vance County Schools Opportunity Culture Advanced Teaching and Paraprofessional Positions
- Vance County Schools, Henderson, North Carolina
- President - President Southern Association of Independent Schools
- SAIS, Norcross, Georgia
- Program Director/Senior Attorney (Opportunity to Learn Program)
- Advancement Project, Washington D.C.