In this webinar, education and reading expert Stacy Hurst will provide a look at some of the biggest issues facing curriculum coordinators, administrators, and teachers working in reading education today.
- Learn how schools can start to improve their K-3 students’ reading achievement
- Understand the impact of integrating and employing proven strategies to better support teachers
- Receive guidance on how to select effective content for foundational reading programs
- Review how reading education has evolved over the years
- Explore the importance of literacy programs grounded in reading science
These tips have been shown to improve overall attainment and give much needed support to struggling students often left to rely on guesswork to get by. Stacy will also take a deeper dive into why technology can sometimes do more harm than good in literacy instruction.
For all webinars broadcast by Education Week after August 1, 2019, Certificates of Completion are available to all registered live attendees who attend 53 minutes or more of this webinar. Educators can download a PDF certificate verifying 1 hour of Professional Development credit. As with all professional development hours delivered, Education Week recommends each educator verify ahead of the webinar broadcast that the content will qualify for professional development in your school, district, county, or state with your supervisor, human resources professional, and/or principal or superintendent’s office.
A transcript will be available for download from the resource list within five business days after the event.