Few States Test Students on Technology Skills
Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, also known as STEM subjects, are vital to education in the new millennium. American students are frequently compared to their international peers, and calls for improvement in technology can be heard across the country.
A survey conducted by the EPE Research Center, as reported in Technology Counts 2008, found that only five states during the 2007-2008 school year – Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Utah – test students on technology skills. To explore state education technology policy data, go to the EPE Research Center’s Education Counts database.
States that Test Students' Technology Skills
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- DIRECTOR, SCHOOL SAFETY & SECURITY
- Sarasota County School District, Sarasota, FL
- Operations Associate, Alumni and Network Services
- The Broad Center, Multiple Locations
- Managing Director, Alumni and Network Services
- The Broad Center, Century City, CA
- Executive Director
- MD Retired School Personnel, MD
- Head of School - Rindge Avenue Upper School
- Cambridge Public Schools, Cambridge, MA