Demographics and Performance: A D.C. SchoolEducation Week spent six months reporting on how the District of Columbia’s vision of the common-core English/language arts standards is being put into practice in one 8th grade classroom at one school, Stuart-Hobson Middle School on Capitol Hill. The District of Columbia has taken on an aggressive K-12 implementation of the common standards, a particular challenge since its academic performance lags behind that of the United States as a whole. Stuart-Hobson Middle School faces fewer challenges to success than many of Washington’s schools, in part because it serves fewer disadvantaged children.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY
- Austin Preparatory School, Reading, MA
- Deputy Executive Director
- National Assessment Governing Board, Washington, DC
- Superintendent of Schools
- Allentown School District, PA
- Director, Risk Management and Insurance
- Pinellas County Schools, Largo, FL
- Program Officer
- Ford Foundation, New York, NY