Demographics and Performance: A D.C. SchoolEducation Week spent six months reporting on how the District of Columbia’s vision of the common-core English/language arts standards is being put into practice in one 8th grade classroom at one school, Stuart-Hobson Middle School on Capitol Hill. The District of Columbia has taken on an aggressive K-12 implementation of the common standards, a particular challenge since its academic performance lags behind that of the United States as a whole. Stuart-Hobson Middle School faces fewer challenges to success than many of Washington’s schools, in part because it serves fewer disadvantaged children.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- RI Department of Education is seeking to fill leadership team positions
- Rhode Island Department of Education, RI
- DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY EDUCATION & DISTRICT AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAMS
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL
- North American International School, DUBAI, United Arab Emirates
- Minority Achievement Officer
- Pinellas County Schools, Largo, FL
- Managing Director, Talent and Equity
- Flamboyan Foundation, DC