Spotlight on Teacher Evaluation
The Education Week Spotlight on Teacher Evaluation is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors including insights on:
- Obstacles to new teacher-evaluation systems
- Measuring teaching effectiveness
- Efforts to revamp teacher evaluation
- Implementing peer review
- Identifying the best indicators of excellent teaching
- Linking teacher evaluation and student achievement
- Alternatives to traditional measures of teacher evaluation
A great value! You get these eight articles below and a resource guide in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights:Teacher Evaluation (2013)
Teacher evaluation is being hotly debated in education policy circles. In this Spotlight, explore the subtleties between teachers deemed highly effective and ineffective, understand how combined measures can provide a more balanced picture of teacher performance, and see why researchers urge caution in using ‘value added’ evaluations.
Teacher Evaluation (2011)
Assessing teacher performance is a complicated issue, raising questions of how to best measure teacher effectiveness. This Spotlight examines value-added measures, peer review processes, pre-licensing exams, and student feedback on teaching.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Coordinator of Adult Transition Program
- Patterson Joint Unified School District, Vernalis, CA
- Principal - Elementary School
- Fontana Unified School District, Fontana, CA
- Design and launch a new startup Choice School in Dallas ISD
- Dallas Independent School District, Dallas, TX
- Subject Matter Expert (SME)/Teachers - English/Mathematics (High School/Grade 10 & Grade 11)
- Learning Port Sdn Bhd, Kuala Lumpur, Ku, Malaysia
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations