Spotlight on Teacher Evaluation
The Education Week Spotlight on Teacher Evaluation is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Understanding how teacher evaluation models are changing
- Using combined measures to evaluate teacher performance
- Considering value added and growth index models carefully
- Boosting staff growth and development with teacher evaluation
- How to best evaluate special education teachers
You get the six articles below in a downloadable PDF. A great value!
Related Spotlights:Teacher Evaluation (2011)
Assessing teacher performance is a complicated issue, raising questions of how to best measure teacher effectiveness. This Spotlight examines value-added measures, peer review processes, pre-licensing exams, and student feedback on teaching.
Teacher Evaluation (2010)
What's the best way to judge a teacher's performance? This Spotlight looks at how organizations and researchers are trying to pin down meaningful ways to evaluate teachers' skills and abilities.
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Superintendent, Clarke County Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Berryville, VA
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Co-Principal Vacancy
- Newport City Elementary School, Newport, VT