Spotlight on Literacy and the Common Core
The Education Week Spotlight on Literacy in the Common Core is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Integrating literacy across subjects in preparation for the common core
- Shifting attention to informational text and other nonfiction texts
- Applying literacy research to the common standards
- Librarians' roles in preparing for the common core
- Identifying struggling readers and implementing literacy interventions
You get the eight articles below in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights:English/Language Arts and the Common Core (2012)
The Common Core State Standards are beginning to influence English/language arts instruction. This Spotlight focuses on reading and writing across the subjects, a greater emphasis on nonfiction texts, the debate over prereading, and criticisms of the standards.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- FLOSSMOOR SCHOOL DISTRICT 161, Chicago Heights, IL
- Ben Bronz Foundation, Inc. Executive Director
- NESDEC, W Hartford, CT
- Assistant Principal
- The Help Group, Valley Glen, CA
- High School Principal
- Notre Dame Academy, Hingham, MA
- Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools, Williamsburg, VA