Assuring Needy Groups of Students Aren't Overlooked
Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 2 to 3 p.m. ET
Note: No special equipment other than Internet access is needed to participate in any of our text-based chats. Participants may begin submitting questions the morning of the chat.
For decades, as the the most intensive efforts to improve student achievement focused largely on the lowest-performing schools, students who struggled in above-average or high-performing schools were often in danger of being overlooked.
In this chat, Carlas McCauley, director of WestEd's Center on School Turnaround and Penny Bidne, principal of Brimhall Elementary School in Roseville, Minn., will take questions on why it's been challenging for some high-performing schools to acknowledge that some students are struggling and explain how educators can identify and address the needs of those students who may be lagging on key measures such as test scores, graduation rates, participation in SAT, ACT, or Advanced Placement courses, or absenteeism.
Denisa R. Superville, staff writer, Education Week
Special Report: Moving the Needle on Achievement
All questions are screened by an edweek.org editor prior to posting. A question is not displayed until the moderator poses it to the guest(s). Due to the volume of questions received, we cannot guarantee that all questions will be answered, or answered in the order of submission. Guests and hosts may decline to answer any questions. Concise questions are strongly encouraged.
Please be sure to include your name when posting your question.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Free Online K-12 STEM Job Fair | Teaching and Admin. Jobs for 2017-2018
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, US
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Seattle, Washington Join Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Mercer Island School District, Mercer Island, WA
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Charlottesville, Virginia Join Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Albemarle County Public Schools, Charlottesville, VA
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Milwaukee, Wisconsin SchoolsJoin Our Free Online STEM Job Fair
- Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee, WI
- K-12 STEM Teaching Jobs Available in Boston, Massachusetts Public Schools Join Our Free Online STEM
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA