This special reportthe latest in an ongoing series on high-priority issues in K-12 educationlooks at how the Common Core State Standards are changing instruction in mathematics. It explores how schools and teachers are adjusting their practices and shows where there are gaps in support and understanding.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Teaching and Measuring the Common Core’s Mathematical Practices
The Standards for Mathematical Practice, a feature of the Common Core State Standards, describe the ways in which proficient students engage with mathematical concepts and skills. We’ll provide practical tools to assist teachers in monitoring, measuring, and nurturing these practices.
'Integrated' Math: A Transitional Approach to the Common Core
In this chat, educators from an Illinois district will discuss their choice to transition their high school math curriculum to an integrated course sequence and share what they've learned.
- Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools, Williamsburg, VA
- Assistant Principal
- The Help Group, Valley Glen, CA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Edina Public Schools, Edina, MN
- Ben Bronz Foundation, Inc. Executive Director
- NESDEC, W Hartford, CT
- FLOSSMOOR SCHOOL DISTRICT 161, Chicago Heights, IL