"Resurgent Ethnicity Among Asian Americans: Ethnic Neighborhood Context and Health"
Higher neighborhood educational attainment and socioeconomic status correlate with better self-rated health among Asian-Americans—but only when they live in Asian neighborhoods, a new study finds.
The study was published in the September issue of the Journal of Health and Social Behavior. It suggests that while most highly educated communities tend to effectively advocate for resources, those resources may be better targeted to the particular needs of Asians in more-homogenous neighborhoods.
Vol. 32, Issue 12, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Muddy Brook Principal
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Stockbridge, MA
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Administrative Assistant
- AERO HYDROLIC INC, Chicago Heights, IL
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA