"Resurgent Ethnicity Among Asian Americans: Ethnic Neighborhood Context and Health"
Higher neighborhood educational attainment and socioeconomic status correlate with better self-rated health among Asian-Americans—but only when they live in Asian neighborhoods, a new study finds.
The study was published in the September issue of the Journal of Health and Social Behavior. It suggests that while most highly educated communities tend to effectively advocate for resources, those resources may be better targeted to the particular needs of Asians in more-homogenous neighborhoods.
Vol. 32, Issue 12, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations