News in Brief
Cleveland Levy Allows Restored School Time
Students in Cleveland public schools will have 50 minutes added back to their day, starting in January, after voters approved a property-tax increase. The increase, which will expire after four years, is estimated to bring in about $63 million for the district annually.
In a money-saving move last spring, the district had reduced art, music, and gym classes to shorten the day for K-8 students. A day after the election, the school board voted to use the money to restore those classes—and the 50 minutes.
Vol. 32, Issue 12, Page 21
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO