News in Brief
Cleveland Levy Allows Restored School Time
Students in Cleveland public schools will have 50 minutes added back to their day, starting in January, after voters approved a property-tax increase. The increase, which will expire after four years, is estimated to bring in about $63 million for the district annually.
In a money-saving move last spring, the district had reduced art, music, and gym classes to shorten the day for K-8 students. A day after the election, the school board voted to use the money to restore those classes—and the 50 minutes.
Vol. 32, Issue 12, Page 21
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Wissahickon School District, PA
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC