Chris Whittle Seeks Global Reach in Private School Venture
Edison co-founder launches bilingual school
Christopher Whittle could finally breathe a sigh of relief.
In February of last year, Mr. Whittle stood before a packed house of parents in Lower Manhattan's Crosby Street Hotel. Ever the salesman, he was talking up his vision for a new private school—an idea, really—that had yet to begin construction and was still far from completion.
He had spent the prior months on tenterhooks. Even for the veteran entrepreneur, one who had already raised $75 million from two private-equity firms, there was still the acute possibility of failure. It was conceivable that his latest gamble simply wouldn't resonate with tuition-paying parents—or worse, that no one...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- K-12 Teachers
- The International Educator, Multiple Locations
- School Turnaround Facilitator (Stockton, CA) ($83K-$102K/YR
- WestEd, Multiple Locations
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR