News in Brief
Copyright Guidance Offered for Teachers
The American Library Association has released the "Complete Copyright for K-12 Librarians and Educators," after a survey that found a dearth of guidance on the topic. It outlines the basics about copyright protections so teachers can use good online and print resources without violating the law.
ALA officials said that librarians and educators often end up being more conservative than they need to be when making decisions about use of materials because they're uncertain about tenets such as fair use and are afraid they might be violating the law.
Vol. 32, Issue 03, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY