News in Brief
Copyright Guidance Offered for Teachers
The American Library Association has released the "Complete Copyright for K-12 Librarians and Educators," after a survey that found a dearth of guidance on the topic. It outlines the basics about copyright protections so teachers can use good online and print resources without violating the law.
ALA officials said that librarians and educators often end up being more conservative than they need to be when making decisions about use of materials because they're uncertain about tenets such as fair use and are afraid they might be violating the law.
Vol. 32, Issue 03, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Superintendent, Clarke County Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Berryville, VA
- TEACHER RECRUITMENT
- Mott Haven Academy Charter School, Bronx, NY
- SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS - CANTON, MS
- Canton Public School District, Canton, MS
- Masconomet RSD Superintendent of Schools
- New England School Development Council, Topsfield, MA
- Classroom Teachers
- The Cambridge Schools, Doha, Qa, Qatar