News in Brief
Copyright Guidance Offered for Teachers
The American Library Association has released the "Complete Copyright for K-12 Librarians and Educators," after a survey that found a dearth of guidance on the topic. It outlines the basics about copyright protections so teachers can use good online and print resources without violating the law.
ALA officials said that librarians and educators often end up being more conservative than they need to be when making decisions about use of materials because they're uncertain about tenets such as fair use and are afraid they might be violating the law.
Vol. 32, Issue 03, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- President & CEO
- Tucson Values Teachers, Tucson, AZ
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA