News in Brief
Record Lottery Sales Boost Ohio Schools
A year of record-high sales for the Ohio Lottery means its highest payout yet for public schools: $771 million.
The lottery topped $2.7 billion in sales for the fiscal year that ended June 30, up from $2.6 billion the previous year. Lottery sales in Ohio have increased for the past 11 years.
By law, lottery profits are given to the Ohio education department to support schools. The funding amounts to about 6 percent of the department's general-revenue budget of $7.6 billion.
Sales for last fiscal year were helped by a record $656 million Mega Millions jackpot in March.
Vol. 31, Issue 36, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY