Minority Teachers a Minority Group
Fifth-graders Olivia Kennedy and Kairan Kaur said they don't have many teachers that look like them at their school in Trumbull.
Olivia, 11, is black. Kairan, 10, is South Asian.
Although they are both happy at Frenchtown Elementary School, they said they wished they had more...
This article is available to registered guests only.
To keep reading this article and more, register now, subscribe,
or start a 2-week FREE trial for the best site-wide access.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Literacy
- Regis University, Denver, CO
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
- Lake Forest School District 67 & 115, Lake Forest, IL
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ