"Sexual Experience and Contraceptive Use Among Female Teens—United States, 1995, 2002, and 2006-2010"
While teenage birthrates in the United States have declined 44 percent since 1990, they remain higher than rates in other developed countries.
Analyzing data from the National Survey of Family Growth, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also found that from 2006 to 2010, an average of 57 percent of women 15 to 19 years old had never had sexual intercourse, an increase from 49 percent in 1995.
The report released this month also finds the proportion of teenagers who had never had sex did not differ by race or ethnicity.
Vol. 31, Issue 32, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO