"Sexual Experience and Contraceptive Use Among Female Teens—United States, 1995, 2002, and 2006-2010"
While teenage birthrates in the United States have declined 44 percent since 1990, they remain higher than rates in other developed countries.
Analyzing data from the National Survey of Family Growth, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also found that from 2006 to 2010, an average of 57 percent of women 15 to 19 years old had never had sexual intercourse, an increase from 49 percent in 1995.
The report released this month also finds the proportion of teenagers who had never had sex did not differ by race or ethnicity.
Vol. 31, Issue 32, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA