News in Brief
Ga. Governor Signs Charter-Funding Law
Gov. Nathan Deal has signed legislation approving a funding system for Georgia charter schools created by the state.
Voters are set to decide in November whether to change the Georgia Constitution so state officials can create charter schools over the objection of local districts. Lawmakers acted to put the issue on the ballot, arguing it would clarify state law after a May ruling by the state supreme court that outlawed the Georgia Charter Schools Commission.
The bill signed last week is the "enabling" legislation that would re-establish the charter schools commission if voters approve the constitutional amendment.
Vol. 31, Issue 30, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN