News in Brief
Ga. Governor Signs Charter-Funding Law
Gov. Nathan Deal has signed legislation approving a funding system for Georgia charter schools created by the state.
Voters are set to decide in November whether to change the Georgia Constitution so state officials can create charter schools over the objection of local districts. Lawmakers acted to put the issue on the ballot, arguing it would clarify state law after a May ruling by the state supreme court that outlawed the Georgia Charter Schools Commission.
The bill signed last week is the "enabling" legislation that would re-establish the charter schools commission if voters approve the constitutional amendment.
Vol. 31, Issue 30, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX