News in Brief
Civil Rights Lessons Highlighted in Guide
The Southern Poverty Law Center—which last year concluded that a majority of states deserve a failing grade for how they handle the teaching of civil rights history—has just issued a set of guidelines to help states improve the situation. The civil rights organization is providing model learning standards designed to help states either improve existing standards or develop expectations where none exist, according to a press release.
Vol. 31, Issue 26, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Richland School District One, Columbia, SC
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY
- Dean of Students
- Diman Regional Vocational-Technical High School, Fall River, MA
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL