News in Brief
Civil Rights Lessons Highlighted in Guide
The Southern Poverty Law Center—which last year concluded that a majority of states deserve a failing grade for how they handle the teaching of civil rights history—has just issued a set of guidelines to help states improve the situation. The civil rights organization is providing model learning standards designed to help states either improve existing standards or develop expectations where none exist, according to a press release.
Vol. 31, Issue 26, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Director at KIPP Delta Public Schools
- On-Ramps, Blytheville, AR
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Superintendent of Schools
- Easton, Redding & Region 9 School Districts, Easton, CT
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY
- Multiple Positions
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations