News in Brief
Civil Rights Lessons Highlighted in Guide
The Southern Poverty Law Center—which last year concluded that a majority of states deserve a failing grade for how they handle the teaching of civil rights history—has just issued a set of guidelines to help states improve the situation. The civil rights organization is providing model learning standards designed to help states either improve existing standards or develop expectations where none exist, according to a press release.
Vol. 31, Issue 26, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Chief Compliance Officer
- Sonoran Schools, AZ
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Consultant - Los Angeles, CA
- Insight Education Group, Multiple Locations