News in Brief
Gov. Signs Bill to Increase Michigan Charter Schools
Public universities in Michigan will be able to authorize an unlimited number of charter schools by 2015 under legislation signed by Gov. Rick Snyder. The state now has 255 charter schools, and new ones are allowed to open under certain circumstances. But the state currently has a limit of 150 charter schools authorized by public universities. The cap will be raised to 300 in 2012 and 500 through 2014 before being eliminated in 2015.
Vol. 31, Issue 15, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Dunlap Community Unit School Dist. No. 323, Peoria, IL
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Dean Reich College of Education
- Appalachian State University, Boone, NC
- Darien, CT Superintendent of Schools
- NESDEC, Darien, CT